Applying for a top-up programme with an international educational background similar to an Academy Profession Degree from a country outside of Denmark
Before you apply
When you apply for a top-up programme we have to make sure that your entry qualifications are comparable with the admission requirements. Therefore you need to apply for a Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition.
Before filling out an application you need to get familiar with the general admission requirements as well as the English language requirements. Furthermore each programme has its own set of specific admission requirements and selection criteria which you must pay attention to before applying.
Programmes open for application on ucn.dk/english/topup.
Deadline for applying for a Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition.
Deadline for application - please note that you have to upload all the required documents.
Get an answer to your application via the Admission Portal "UCN Optagelsesportal". Remember to confirm your study place.
Important application procedures
Here we have gathered some of the most important information about application procedures, which we advise you to read. If you have questions after reading through the points below, please feel free to contact the International Office.
Apply for a top-up programme via the application form found on ucn.dk/english/topup.
Afterwards you will receive an important email from the UCN Admission Portal containing information about your application to UCN.
- A copy of your passport
- Final Diploma and transcript of records with ECTS points, i.e. your grades from the last 2 semesters. If you do not have the Final Diploma yet, please attach the grades from the last 2 semesters. All translated into English by an authorized translator
- English test
- Motivation letter – stating why you want to go to Denmark, why you chose Aalborg/UCN and why you chose the specific programme you are applying for
- Curriculum of your degree programme containing the subjects that you have followed
- Contracts or/and recommendations from job experience, competitions, sport activities etc. All translated into English
- Recommendations from your teachers (in English)
Please note that you must possess originals of all uploaded documents and that you must be able to present these originals to the International office at UCN on the first day of your studies.
If you have previously completed a further education programme or parts of it, you can possibly get a credit transfer assessment.