Requirements and selection criteria
When applying to a programme at UCN, you must meet the minimum entry requirements and selection criteria
Requirements vary from programme to programme, and on this page you can find what you need to know about the specific selection criteria for the programme you are applying for.
Please get in touch with us if you have questions, and we can advise whether you meet the minimum admission requirements on an individual basis.
Click on the programmes below to read about their specific requirements and selection criteria.
Professional Bachelor's degree programmes
Full bachelor degrees - duration is 3.5 years.
Academy Profession degree
Academy Profession degree programmes - duration is 2-2.5 years.
Top-up programmes - duration is 1.5 years leading to a Bachelor degree.
At UCN you are expected to participate actively in class discussions as well as group work and projects. You must also be able to write academic papers and take written and oral exams. Therefore, you must have a high level of English proficiency.
This means that you must have English language qualifications comparable to the English B level from the Danish upper secondary school (gymnasium) and you must have a final grade of minimum 3.0 on the Danish grading scale. In order to live up to this, you must have had a minimum of 210 hours of lessons in English (1 lesson = 60 minutes) during the final 3 years of your secondary education. Additionally, it is also mandatory to attach one of the English tests that UCN accepts.
We do not accept "Kompetencebeviser" from e.g. VUC in Denmark instead of an English test.
If you have studied or lived in the UK/USA or another English-speaking country (except for native speakers), please note that you must take and pass one of the English tests that are mentioned below on this webpage – Which English tests does UCN accept.
Based on a professional assessment UCN can decide that we need further documentation regarding your English skills, either by you obtaining extra documentation or by you participating in an interview conducted in English.
All applicants holding a foreign entrance examination and applying for English-taught programmes must document their English language qualifications with one of the below mentioned English tests.
Please note that we will not accept English tests that are older than 2 years.
- Overall score of minimum 6.5
- A minimum score of 83
- UCN’s TOEFL code is 7294
- C1 Advanced (formerly known as Cambridge English Advanced - CAE): grade C, B or A
- C2 Proficiency (formerly known as Cambridge English Proficiency – CPE): grade, C, B or A
- B2 First (formerly known as Cambridge English First – FCE): grade A
- A minimum score of 58
- Overall score of minimum 75 and also a minimum score of 75 in each subtest
- You are only allowed to use 60 minutes when taking the test
- Please note that this test is only valid if taken via a UCN partner organisation
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to document this level from a CEFR-validated English language course
Your test results (and other required documents) must be uploaded by the application deadline. Find the application deadlines for all programmes here.
Applicants who are exempted from submitting an English test are applicants from
- A.P. Møller-Skolen
- International Baccalaureate (from the IB diploma programme)
- European Baccalaureate (from the EB diploma programme)
- Iceland, Finland, Norway and Sweden. PIease note that applicants with a secondary education from these 4 countries must have had a minimum of 210 hours of lessons in English (1 lesson = 60 minutes) during the final 3 years of their secondary education.
- ”Native speakers” with an English taught qualifying exam (including applicants with a qualifying examination from
- New Zealand
- Great Britain
If you do not live up to the minimum 210 hours of lessons, you must take and pass one of the English tests that are mentioned on this webpage.