Requirements and selection criteria
When applying to a programme at UCN, you must meet the minimum entry requirements and selection criteria
Requirements vary from programme to programme, and on this page you can find what you need to know about the specific selection criteria for the programme you are applying for.
Please get in touch with us if you have questions, and we can advise whether you meet the minimum admission requirements on an individual basis.
Click on the programmes below to read about their specific requirements and selection criteria.
Professional Bachelor's degree programmes
Full bachelor degrees - duration is 3.5 years.
Academy Profession degree
Academy Profession degree programmes - duration is 2-2.5 years.
Top-up programmes - duration is 1.5 years leading to a Bachelor degree.
At UCN you are expected to participate actively in class discussions along with group works and projects. You must also be able to write academic papers and take written and oral exams. Therefore, you must have a high level of English proficiency.
This means that you are expected to have English language qualifications comparable to the English B level from the Danish upper secondary school (gymnasium).
All applicants holding a foreign entrance examination and will apply for English taught programmes must document their English language qualifications with one of the below mentioned English tests.
- Overall score of minimum 6.5
- A minimum score of 83
- UCN’s TOEFL code is 7294
- Certificate in Advanced English (CAE): grade C, B or A
- Certificate of Proficiency (CPE): grade C, B or A
- First Certificate: A
- A minimum score of 58
- Overall score of minimum 75 and also a minimum score of 75 in each subtest
- Please note that this test is only valid if taken via a UCN partner organisation
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to document this level from a CEFR-validated English language course
Deadline For September intakeYou must upload your test result by 15 March at 12 (noon) GMT+1 at the latest.
You must upload your test result by 15 December at 12 (noon) GMT+1 at the latest. (Please note that if you are a non-EU citizen, then the application deadline is 1 November at 12 (noon) GMT+1.)
Deadline For February intake
Applicants who are exempted from submitting an English test
- Applicants holding a Nordic/Duborg/International Baccalaureate (from the IB diploma programme/European Baccalaureate)
- ”Native speakers” with an English taught qualifying exam (including applicants with a qualifying examination from
- New Zealand
- Great Britain
Please note that applicants with a qualifying examination from all other countries (including African and Asian countries, where the exam has been taught in English) must submit a test.