Get to know what makes Northern Denmark an interesting place to start a career and see the many opportunities linked to our study programmes.
1. It is booming. Looking at the regional capital alone (Aalborg) more than 1,000 new companies sprout up every year.
2. It is globally competitive, housing major international cooperations with sought-after expertise in a wide range of areas.
3. It is seeing very much innovation and growth with various development areas being backed by a myriad of cluster organisations.
4. The 11 municipalties of Business Region North works together on numerous development projects and initiatives. They particularly aim to create development and growth within five focus areas: tourism, industrial development and job creation, qualified labour, infrastructure, and international collaboration.
5. They work to attract and keep international talent! They know talented labour is a vital key to success - so naturally it is also a key initiative.
UCN works closely together with the surrounding industries in the region as we design and continuously update our study programmes.
It is our objective that, as a graduate from UCN, you will be equipped to meet current needs and tendencies.
✅ The region houses major international cooperations with sought-after expertise in: energy, wind power, automation, health technology and intelligent logistics.
✅ Trade, sales, and export are significant sectors.
✅ Tourism and hospitality is a focus area of Business Region North and are forecasted to be top performers in the future.
✅ Digital infrastructure is seeing a lot of attention.
✅ Northern Denmark is very focused on green transition and sustainability and has been the leading region in that area since 2012.
✅ The public sector (e.g. health care, education and administrative governmental work) is generally a major employer in Denmark and represents plenty of opportunity.