UCN Employability CAMP 2019
Kick-start your studies at UCN
UCN highly cares about our students’ abilities to become successful in the Danish labour market, which is why UCN Employability CAMP was launched in 2018. Since the brand new initiative gathered not less than 100 new, ambitious international students who ”had the time of their lives”, as some confess, we are repeating the success in 2019 by launching UCN Employability CAMP 2019!
The CAMP is an intensive 2 weeks’ course from 19-30 August 2019, and besides preparing you for your studies at UCN, it also focuses on the three most important issues for international students in Denmark:
- Danish Language proficiency
- Reflection and critical thinking including insights into UCN’s Reflective Practice-Based Learning approach (RPL)
- Insights into Danish work culture, business life, as well as the ways to apply it in order to become a sought-after employee at the end of your studies in Denmark
Our experience from 2018 has shown that students who participated to the CAMP were better prepared for their studies at UCN, along with having experienced a smoother transition to Denmark and having gained new friends, which is why we recommend that you join UCN Employability CAMP 2019.
Along with increasing your chances of becoming a successful student and to realize your full potential during and after your studies at UCN, the camp also gives you access to free Danish language courses during Fall 2019, which otherwise could cost up to €270 per module.
Check out #ucnec2018 on Instagram to see what last year’s participants were up to!
- 98% of participants feel more prepared for their studies at UCN after the CAMP
- 99% of participants feel more prepared to work in Denmark after the CAMP
- 99% of participants have improved their insight into the Danish labour market
- 100% would recommend the CAMP to new students
- Intensive Danish Language course for beginners and access to free of charge Danish courses at UCN in the Fall of 2019
- Insights and in-depth training into UCN’s unique learning approach Reflective Practice-Based Learning (RPL) incl. focus on multicultural group work and critical thinking
- Intercultural workshop linked to peculiarities of the Danish society and the skills necessary to thrive among Danes
- Insights into employability awareness and skills related to the Danish labour market, incl. company visit
- Assistance with practical matters such as residence permit, CPR registration, bank account etc.
- Field Trips – experience the landscape and culture of Northern Denmark
- Social events on and off campus
- Lunch Monday through Friday
- Two get together dinners
- Certificate of Attendance at UCN Employability CAMP
- Automatic access to UCN Danish Employability Programme – a programme tailor-made to develop and strengthen your employability skills throughout your studies; incl. i.e. company visits, clarification of competencies, networking, CV workshops etc.
And so much more…
The CAMP will start on Monday, 19th of August at 8:30 (CET) and is expected to finish around 3:30 PM (CET) most days during the week. However, social activities during late afternoon and evening hours can be expected, so remember to bring practical clothing. Weekends are leisure time, where you will be able to enjoy and explore the city of Aalborg on your own.
Make sure to arrive to Aalborg latest Sunday, 18th of August.
The CAMP will be held at UCN Business, Campus Hobrovej, located at Hobrovej 85, 9000 Aalborg. You can find your way by public transport by using Rejseplanen on your computer or mobile phone, or you can walk.
The final programme for the UCN Employability CAMP 2019 will be published in spring 2019.
Open for registrations from 15 march 2019
Registration is on first-come, first-served basis due to a limited number of spaces available. To reserve your space and confirm your interest in the CAMP, please proceed with paying the symbolic fee of € 150 in the online webshop.
After you have clicked on ‘Buy/Purchase’ (in Danish: Køb), you will receive the receipt of payment. Please remember to save it.
The deadline for registering is Friday, 2 August 2019. It may take up to 5 days for the bank to process your payment. Kindly note that the € 150 participation fee is binding, but will be refunded in case you are not admitted to a UCN study programme.
Housing during the UCN Employability CAMP is your own responsibility, however do not hesitate to address your questions to our housing contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UCN has a housing agreement with Aalborg Municipality called “Roof over your head Guarantee”. The Housing Guarantee ensures that you as a new student in the Municipality of Aalborg (Aalborg Kommune), will get a temporary roof over your head, in case you have not found housing by yourself.
The guarantee means that you will be offered accommodation at BBBB in Aalborg Cabins (a hostel), and you will receive a subsidy from the Municipality of Aalborg to help cover a part of your expenses, meaning that you will only have to pay DKK 86 per night from the 1st of August until November. However, to take advantage of this opportunity you MUST register at AKU Aalborg and we recommend that you do that already now, as it is free of charge and maximizes your chances of finding housing significantly.
Find a complete guide on how to register here.
What did the participants say in 2018?
"The camp was absolutely perfect, I enjoyed every moment of it. It was a perfect opportunity to get to know each other, to learn about Denmark, Aalborg, and UCN. I would recommend it to everyone who is planning to come to UCN, because it is absolutely worth it! PS.: can I come next summer as well?"
"It was one of the best experiences of my life. This CAMP gave me the opportunity to meet such great staff and people, to make new friends and unforgettable memories. It was the most organized CAMP that I’ve ever participated to."
"It was amazing, a great experience for the new comers. It’s a shame that I cannot do it again next year, because I’d do it again. Thank you so much for everything, for giving us this opportunity, and for helping us with info - the best thing ever! I love you guys!"
"Before the camp I didn't know anyone here and was wondering how many things (residence permit, bank account, CPR, Danish, etc. etc.) I had to manage by myself. Now, I have many friends and acquaintances from the camp. Also people taking care of us during the camp helped me with many things (we apply for residence permit together etc. etc.). I had so much fun at the camp, but also I learned so many new things. I am so glad that I decided to participate in the camp. So, please do it next year too. It really helps. Thank you."