About the programme
The programme covers 7 semesters and gives you an understanding of company and commercial issues
Instruction will be a combination of technical and commercial approaches.
As a graduate of Export and Technology Management you will have thorough knowledge of both and will be able to act as a link between a company and its clients.
During the course of your education you will be introduced to the following disciplines:
- Technology: Product development, production processes, materials, construction, design and project management
- Sales: Industrial export, marketing, foreign trade, shipping / transportation and innovation
- Communication: Foreign languages, cultural understanding and negotiation techniques
Disciplinary focus for each semester
Each semester has its disciplinary focus:
- 1st semester - The business foundation of a company
- 2nd semester - Market understanding
- 3rd semester - Planning a market strategy
- 4th semester - Market and client relations
- 5th semester - Internship
- 6th semester - Local subjects and specialisation
- 7th semester - Local subjects and bachelor project
Furthermore, each semester has a specific industry focus such as the iron and metal industry, the plastic industry, the IT and electronics industry and the timber and furniture industry.
During your internship you will be able to test your theoretical skills in practice. On the 7th semester you will have the opportunity to specialise within one or more of the subjects you have been introduced to over the first 5 semesters or during your internship.
On the 7th semester you will also write your bachelor project.
During the 1-4. semesters and the 6th, instruction will be a combination of whole class teaching, project work, company visits, guest lecturers and other kinds of instruction.
Instruction will mainly take place at the institute. In contrast, the 5th and 7th semesters take their starting point in a company.
Period for scheduled activities
You should expect scheduled activities, such as lesson, workshops etc. in the time between 8.30 am and 5.10 pm.
AP, Bachelor’s and Top-up degrees
Learn about what makes an AP degree, a Bachelor’s degree or a Top-up degree a flexible and relevant education for you.
If you need help choosing a degree or a specific programme at UCN, you are welcome to contact the local student advisor.