Admission requirements and procedure for the International Sales and Marketing programme at UCN
Facts about the programmeStart of term: September.
Entry grade point average: Open admission in 2018.
Study places: 30 places in 2018.
STUDENTS WITH A DANISH AP Degree in marketing management
- Can apply for admission without further requirements
For students with other educational background
- Students with a passed academy degree (e.g. Service Management, Hospitality and Tourism Management and Financial Management) can apply for admission provided they have made an individual prior learning assessment - PLAR (known as ‘IKV’ in Danish) resulting in a positive result.
An individual prior learning assessment gives you an individual assessment of your collected knowledge, skills and competencies. The assessment will be used in relation to the admission requirements on the study programme that you want to apply to.
You can read more about individual prior learning assessment.
Note, that the deadline for having an PLAR made is no later than 15 June.
If you receive a positive PLAR you should use that as well as your other documents when you apply through the online application.
Specific admission requirements
Either of the following AP Degrees will give you access to the programme, however, you may also apply for admittance on the grounds of another relevant education as well as high level in mathematics.
- Computer Science
- Multimedia Design and Communication
However, if you do not have one of the abovementioned qualifying degrees, but have qualifications equivalent to them (e.g. another relevant professional AP degree), you can apply for dispensation in the form of a Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR).
English language requirements
At UCN you are expected to participate actively in class discussions along with group works and projects. You must also be able to write academic papers and take written and oral exams. Therefore, you must have a high level of English proficiency.
This means that you are expected to have English language qualifications comparable to the English B level from the Danish upper secondary school (gymnasium).
All applicants holding a foreign entrance examination and will apply for English taught programmes must document their English language qualifications with one of the below mentioned English tests.
- Overall score of minimum 6.5
- A minimum score of 83
- UCN’s TOEFL code is 7294
- Certificate in Advanced English (CAE): grade C, B or A
- Certificate of Proficiency (CPE): grade C, B or A
- First Certificate: grade B or A
- A minimum score of 58
- Overall score of minimum 75 and also a minimum score of 75 in each subtest
- Please note that this test is only valid if taken via a UCN partner organisation
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to document this level from a CEFR-validated English language course
Deadline For September intakeYou must upload your test result by 15 March at 12 (noon) GMT+1 at the latest.
You must upload your test result by 15 December at 12 (noon) GMT+1 at the latest. (Please note that if you are a non-EU citizen, then the application deadline is 1 November at 12 (noon) GMT+1.)
Deadline For February intake
Applicants who are exempted from submitting an English test
- Applicants holding a Nordic/Duborg/International Baccalaureate (from the IB diploma programme/European Baccalaureate)
- ”Native speakers” with an English taught qualifying exam (including applicants with a qualifying examination from
- New Zealand
- Great Britain
Please note that applicants with a qualifying examination from all other countries (including African and Asian countries, where the exam has been taught in English) must submit a test.
- Grades achieved in previous study programme
- Letter of motivation explaining the student's reasons for applying
- Work experience relevant to the study programme
- Period(s) spent abroad relevant to the study programme (job, internship or studies abroad)