Admission requirements and procedure for the Software Development programme at UCN
Facts about the programmeStart of term: February.
Study places: 20 places in 2019.
You can apply for admission from 1 October and deadline for application is 15 December at 12 (noon) CET+1.
AP degree in Computer Science or equivalent higher educational background + a high level in mathematics. An English proficiency corresponding to Danish B-level.
If the AP Computer Science programme is completed, then the formal admission requirements for the Bachelor’s Degree in software development are met.
If, for reasons of capacity, not all applicants are admitted to the programme, the applicants will be prioritized by the following criteria’s:
RULES APPLYING FOR THE INTAKE
Applications are assessed based on the following criteria (order is not prioritized):
- The grade from your qualifying exam (Computer science)
- The grade average from your Programming exam, your System development exam and your specialisation exam
- Your previous experience relevant to the study programme
At UCN you are expected to participate actively in class discussions along with group works and projects. You must also be able to write academic papers and take written and oral exams. Therefore, you must have a high level of English proficiency.
This means that you are expected to have English language qualifications comparable to the English B level from the Danish upper secondary school (gymnasium).
Based on a professional assessment UCN can decide that we need further documentation regarding your English skills, either by you obtaining extra documentation or by you participating in an interview conducted in English.
All applicants holding a foreign entrance examination and will apply for English taught programmes must document their English language qualifications with one of the below mentioned English tests.
- Overall score of minimum 6.5
- A minimum score of 83
- UCN’s TOEFL code is 7294
- C1 Advanced (formerly known as Cambridge English Advanced - CAE): grade C, B or A
- C2 Proficiency (formerly known as Cambridge English Proficiency – CPE): grade, C, B or A
- B2 First (formerly known as Cambridge English First – FCE): grade A
- A minimum score of 58
- Overall score of minimum 75 and also a minimum score of 75 in each subtest
- Please note that this test is only valid if taken via a UCN partner organisation
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to document this level from a CEFR-validated English language course
Deadline For September intakeYou must upload your test result by 15 March at 12 (noon) GMT+1 at the latest.
You must upload your test result by 15 December at 12 (noon) GMT+1 at the latest. (Please note that if you are a non-EU citizen, then the application deadline is 1 November at 12 (noon) GMT+1.)
Deadline For February intake
Applicants who are exempted from submitting an English test
- Applicants holding a Nordic/Duborg/International Baccalaureate (from the IB diploma programme/European Baccalaureate)
- ”Native speakers” with an English taught qualifying exam (including applicants with a qualifying examination from
- New Zealand
- Great Britain
Please note that applicants with a qualifying examination from all other countries (including African and Asian countries, where the exam has been taught in English) must submit a test.