Get to know Denmark
Take a tour of your future study destination and find practical information for inbound students.
What does it look like? How does it feel? What is it like to really live here? In short. Pretty fantastic.
Imagine getting around easily by bike or bus. Imagine a youthful, regional capital buzzing with cosmopolitan opportunity close to beautiful beaches, impressive landscapes and soft hills. These are just some of the things that our international students tend to highlight.
Where is Denmark?
Let us start at the beginnning. Denmark is located in Northern Europe and is a small country in Scandinavia with one of the world’s oldest monarchies.
Denmark - in 8 facts
- has a rich history that stretches back to the Viking Age around the year 1000.
- has 406 islands and the highest point in the country is only 170 metres above sea level.
- is surrounded by water. No place in Denmark is more than 50 km from the sea.
- is a member of the EU, but still has its own currency (Danish Kroner or DKK).
- is an innovative society with a green lifestyle, and many Danes prefer going to work by bicycle rather than by car.
- is one of the world’s largest exporters of wind turbines.
- has a strong welfare state ensuring economic equality and close to no corruption.
- is full of great people. Danes might seem reserved at first, but they are generally friendly and helpful with a good sense of humour.
Why study in Denmark?
In Denmark, we have an innovative educational system of high international quality, which will create a strong foundation for your future career.
Higher education in Denmark is regulated by the state, and all public institutions are subject to continuous approval and evaluation processes.
As an international student in Denmark, you can expect to study in a safe, friendly and innovation-driven environment. Here, higher education is focused on creating solutions for the real world. Traditional lectures are combined with industrial collaborations and teaching methods that promote students’ ability to use what they have learned and to turn new knowledge into innovative solutions. This way of studying requires a high degree of personal initiative and independent thinking.
Studying in Denmark is all about you - pushing the boundaries, applying critical thinking, working with others and being creative. Danish qualifications are recognised throughout the world and provide an excellent foundation for your future career. You can expect world-class education in areas such as technology, IT, business and social sciences.
Your study life in Aalborg
With more than 118,000 inhabitants, Aalborg is Denmark’s fourth largest city and the largest city in Northern Denmark. Approximately 25,000 students in higher education make Aalborg an exciting student city with lots to offer.
Kickstart your studies at UCN
Moving to Denmark for your studies and future career is a new, exciting journey, and perhaps something you have dreamt of since you were a child. However, it is no secret that all new beginnings bring along a number of challenges and relocating to Aalborg is no exception. By participating in the UCN Employability CAMP, you will experience a smoother transition to Denmark, and you will be better prepared for your studies at UCN. Join UCN Employability CAMP, gain new friends and get a head-start on your life in Aalborg.